West Cumbria Motorsport Club


Minutes of meeting held on 6th Nov 2017 at Hundith Hill Hotel, Cockermouth.


Present:  Richard Barnard, Stephen Dixon, Russell Grant, Peter Lister, , Pearl Wilson and Ian Aitken


Apologies:          Dave Culley, Keryll Steel, Sam Steel.


Matters Arising:  None


Treasurers Report:


CMSG/ANECC/ANWCC/SACC:  Nothing to report


Greystoke:         The next committee meeting is on the 7th of Dec 17 


Correspondence:             None


Membership 2017. – 97


Competition Secretary:                Stephen reported the 2018 Cross Pennine Autotest Championship would consist of 8 rounds. We and Hartlepool doing 4 events each if other clubs don’t come forward.


Events  20th Nov              Club Night with Blood Bike presentation. Ian to be the point of contact and advise Pearl of numbers by the 17th

27 Nov.             12 Car. Andy organising. Regs on face book next week.

4th Dec.             Committee Meeting

10th Dec            Cross Pennine Autotest Rd. Ian to speak to Dunmail.

17 Dec               Christmas fun event. Richard looking into this.

8th Jan 18         Committee Meeting


Paypal.  Still awaiting information.


Timming Equipment for Autotest events.

After discussion it was agreed Richard would get quotes for electronic timing kit and Peter for stop watches. Ian to look into possible MSA grants funding.


Adrians Bench. Russell reported he had spoken to the landowner and agreed arrangements regarding bench removal and reinstating the site and is progressing where it will go next.


Go Motorsport Cumbria.              Richard reported there is no formal Go Motorsport Cumbria rep and is looking into how information currently gets posted.


Club Trailer.       It was suggested that the Club should look into the purchase of a box trailer, say 6 meter, for the storage and transporting of Club equipment but the issue of where such a trailer could be stored would need to be considered.

Steven kindly offered the use of two large sheds on his site at Rowra to store equipment which was accepted and was asked to get prices to fix doors and locks to make them secure. Richard asked to look into the price of trailers.


Any Other Business



Rally Test Championship

Richard proposed that we run a Rally Test Championship in 2018 hopefully using 4 different venues and outlined what he had in mind. It was agreed we would take this forward and Richard was asked to provide more details and proposed dates for each round.



Awards Night

Russell reported arrangements are all in hand, the price would be the same as last year, and he would pass all information to Peter to put in the Dec mag.



2018 Event Calendar

To be considered at the next meeting perhaps doing a quarter at a time.



Rally Test Results

Richard asked to supply Peter a copy of the results that he can put in the magazine.





 West Cumbria Motorsport Club


Minutes of meeting held on 4th September 2017 at Hundith Hill Hotel, Cockermouth.


Present:  , Russell Grant , Peter Lister, , Pearl Wilson, & Stephen Dixon


Apologies:          Dave Culley, Sam Steel, Keryll Steel, Richard Barnard and Ian Aitken .


Matters Arising:  None


Treasurers Report:


CMSG/ANECC/ANWCC/SACC:  Nothing to report


Greystoke: Nothing to report


Correspondence:  Companies House


Membership 2017. – 91


Competition Secretary:..Cross Pennine Champ round which WCMC was to hold on Oct 8th had to be moved to Sept 17th due to Hartlepool having an event the week before the proposed event on the Oct 8th


Events  3rd Sept                 Grass Autotest  - Dub Hall Asby, 8 competitors

4th Sept                              Committee Meeting

18th Sept                           Cross Pennine Rd Silloth

24th Sept           Tarmac Autotest – Siloth. - Cancelled

2nd Oct                                Committee Meeting

8th Oct                                Autotest - Cross Pennine Championship – Siloth Stephen organising

16th Oct                              12 Car – Pending. Awating outcome of meeting with other clubs

22nd Oct                             Special PCA Autotest – Richard organising.

23rd Oct                              Pie and Pea supper – Wheatsheaf Lorton –

6th Nov                               Committee Meeting

20th Nov                            Club Night with Blood Bike presentation. Pearl to confirm dates.


12 Car Entries. Still awaiting a meeting date between all 3 clubs


Paypal  Still awaiting news


Timming Equipment for Autotest events.

No prices have been quoted as yet


Club Magazine

On going







Any Other Business


A seat for a former WCMC club member who sadly passed away in 97-98?, has asked to be moved by his mother. The seat has been fenced off and his mother has asked if it could be moved to either Wordsworth Court or the Bowling Club. The club has no qualms with this happening but has asked that permission being granted for it to be moved to either, be obtained before this happens. Russell is to consult with the members who knew him more to see their views.


The Blood Bike night which the club will host, try to get publicity for it and get people through the door on the night.