West Cumbria Motorsport Club

 

Minutes of Committee Meeting held on 4th April, 2016 at the Shepherd’s Hotel.

 

Present: -            Richard Barnard, Stephen Dixon, Peter Lister, Russell Grant, Kerryl Steel, Sam Steel, Pearl Wilson, Dave Christensen and Ian Aitken

                               

Apologies: -       Dave Culley, David Mitchinson, , and Ryan Winthrop

 

Matters Arising: - None

                               

Treasures Report: 

 

CMSG/ANECC/ANWCC/SACC matters: - ANECC has issued an invitation to a Rally Future Forum at the Shepherds Inn Carlisle on 28th on April, Guests include Malcolm Wilson and David Bogie. All are welcome. To register interest in attending contact Ronnie Sandham via e-mail at [email protected] Ian to put details on web site

 

Greystoke: -       Next committee meeting is on the 13th of April. Ian to ask Roger of the equipment purchase receipt and pass to Kerryl to claim our MSA grant.

Correspondence: -          The SACC have invited us to their AGM. Kerryl asked to offer our apologies.

 

Membership: -                                 Stands at 68.

 

Competition Secretary: - Steven reported that 2016 current championship points are now on the web site

 

Events:                                 10th Apr                Autotest - Forward Facing – Richard organising. Eastman venue confirmed on 6 April.

                                                                Peter and Ian will run it on the day

1st May                 Treasure Hunt – Postponed.

3rd May                 Committee Meeting. -  Russell to confirm new venue

8th or 15th  May  Grass Autotest – Threlkeld Leys – Steven organizing and date to be confirmed

6th June                                Committee Meeting

14th June              Grass Autotest/Bannockburn. - Chris Hunter organising.

3rd July                  Distington Vintage Rally – Russell to get stand details.

4th July                  Committee Meeting

10th July               Greystoke Stages

25th July               Grass Autotest – At Chris Hunters field. Russell to confirm

30th July               Cockermouth Show. It was agreed we would not attend this year

 

Club Website.  No issues.

 

ANECC web site. Website still down so no change

 

Club Nights

1.      

Battle of Bannockburn car trial/Autotest.  Kerryl has spoken with the MSA who want details of tests and to see regs, ect. Kerryl to speak with Chris Hunter.

 

Club Banners/Display Stands.  Ian asked to send serial number of radios to Richard. Richard asked to contact AS Designs for likely costs to make up some new signs.

 

 

 

Autotest Venues.

1.      

Walkers Car Park.  Leaving for now

2.      

Moota. Possibly been bought, awaiting new owners to get in touch.

3.      

Eastmans. To be used in April. Richard to confirm. Done on 6 April

 

Dalemain.  Ian has sent an email to John Slone for WMC to discuss at their meeting.

 

Rally Sprint.  Blue Book page 89 sets out requirements to obtain the necessary Track License. To be discussed further.

 

First Aid Training.  Second session is on the 6th April at M-Sport. 7pm for a 7.30pm start.

 

MSA 2016 Seminars for Club Officials. – Ian has registered to attend the seminar at Carlisle on the 10th of April but will cancel to be at the 10th April autotest.

 

Missing Awards.  One award has been located one is still missing.  Russell will to continue to see if he can locate it.

 

AOB

 

1.      

Autotest Results.  Sam asked if a copy of the 27th March Autotest results could be e-mailed to Mark Nicholson. Steven to action.

 

2.      

Autotest Cone Storage. Sam kindly offered to store them.

 

3.      

12 Car Competitor Vehicle Insurance. Following discussion it was agreed we would continue to offer this even though it costs us £15 if nobody takes it. The permit fee for a 12 car is also £23 so we need a minimum of 4 entries at £10 to avoid making a loss and should not run with less.  

 

4.      

Autotest Competitors Numbers.  Richard to ask AS Designs for a quote

 

Meeting closed  20.45

 

Category: