West Cumbria Motorsport Club


Minutes of Committee Meeting held on 7th December 2015 at the Shepherd’s Hotel.


Present: -            Stephen Dixon, Peter Lister, Russell Grant, Kerryl Steel, Pearl Wilson and Richard Barnard


Apologies: -       Dave Culley, David Mitchinson, Sam Steel, Ryan Winthrop and Ian Aitken


Matters Arising: - None


Treasures Report: - £4514. 12


CMSG/ANECC/ANWCC/SACC matters: - Nothing to report


Greystoke: -       No report from Meeting


Correspondence: -          None.


Membership: -                 For end of year 83


Competition Secretary: - Nothing to report



7th Dec                  Committee Meeting

10th Dec                M Sport 12 car – Sam to arrange permit

14th Dec                Christmas Party – Peter to put details in mag

4th Jan                   Committee at Shepherds  Hotel

18th Jan                 12 car - Richard Barnard organising

1st Feb                  Committee Meeting

12th Feb                Awards Night - Waverly Hotel Workington


Club Website.  To be kept under review.  


CMSG.   It was suggested we write to all the clubs in CMSG and suggest a date for a meeting with a view to avoid clashes of dates for 2016. Awaiting the end of the year to see if we’ll have any reply s.


ANECC web site. Website still down so no change


Club Nights

  1. Battle of Bannockburn car trial/Autotest.  2016. To make this a more fun type event it was suggested we consider also including a Gymkhana element. Kerryl asked to check for any permit implications - Still under review


Awards Night 2016. The awards night is now booked at the Waverley for Friday the 12th of Feb 2016. Peter asked to put early details in the magazine. Menus now available and guest to be confirmed


Club Banners/Display Stands. A mock inventory sheet was shown to the Committee and from that Richard said he would keep track of equipment.  New stop watches to be purchased



Autotest Venues.

  1. Walkers Car Park. A letter has been sent outlining what exactly the club wishes to do on the premises. No response as yet.

  2. Mota. This site is looking a possibility. Russell to visit site and speak to adjacent households as a first step. Moota looking a possibility


Dalemain.  Stephen asked to contact Dave Wiggins to see if we could get a stand and under what arrangements. Still on going


Rowrah/Kirkbride Sprint. Ian said he would look into the Clerk of the Course, medical and safety requirements for such events for the next meeting.  Lot of work involved in running one


Targa Rally Iain Tullie to be contacted regards meeting and discussing how to go about running one, Peter to email him. However could we find say 6 to 8 new venues. Richard to speak with Iain again


Social Events Such as a Pub Run/Treasure Hunt, closed to club event of a Sunday evening finishing at a Public House with pre ordered meals to greet members on their return. It was agreed we would put a date of the 1st of May in the 2016 calendar for such an event. To be included on the 2016 calendar, Pearl to run it with proceeds going to Great North Air Ambulance


2016 Events Calendar.  The draft version of the 2016 calendar is to be circulated and discussed further. Possible Feb Autotest and Joint Autotest with Spadeadam in March to be included


First Aid Training The MSA may require key people involved with the Greystoke to have first aid training and EMMU have offered to run two evening courses in early 2016. The club fully supports this and agreed to pay the cost of such training. Ian to advise Roger. And also look into the possibility of offering the training on a club wide basis at say a club night. Awaiting response


 Committee Meeting Venue As the Shepherds Hotel we may not be available to us for much longer we need to consider alternatives. The Conservative Club in Cockermouth was suggested and Russell said he would enquire and look for other options. We now have an alternative venue should we need it but seeing how Shepherds Hotel develops


Any Other Business


Russell - Competitors on WCMC events must produce a valid membership car before taking part.


Pearl - Lottery for Great North Air Ambulance, did we still want to pay to which the Committee agreed.


Keryyl - The Club has been registered with the MSA for 2016


Richard - Regs for events to be the standardised for next year for both autotests and 12 cars


Peter -  Informed committee that he can not commit to any long terms plans with in the WCMC calendar as he is awaiting surgery on his knee which will see him unable to run or help out on events for a while till rehab has been finished and  cleared to resume as normal.



Meeting closed 20:42