West Cumbria Motorsport Club


Minutes of meeting held on 6th Feb 2017 at Hundith Hill Hotel, Cockermouth.


Present: Richard Barnard, Stephen Dixon, Russell Grant, Peter Lister, Kerryl Steel, Pearl Wilson, and Ian Aitken


Apologies: Dave Culley, Sam Steel, Ryan Winthrop and David Mitchinson


Matters Arising:  None


Treasurers Report:

Kerryl reported we had received an MSA re-fund of £751.22. It was agreed that this should transferred to the Greystoke account. Kerryl 


CMSG/ANECC/ANWCC/SACC: Invite to SACC AGM received. Kerryl asked to send our apologies.


Greystoke: The next meeting is on the 15th of Feb. Permit applied for and regs in draft. Revised stage layouts will be used this year.


Correspondence: Letter received from Lillyhall School re-union group regarding Distington Show. Kerryl asked to send it on to show organisers.


Membership 2017. - 50


Competition Secretary:

Cross-Pennine Autotest Championship sponsored by Savage Motorsport and Gas for Welding.

Stephen reported that we WCMC will host the Championship this year and that regs are now available. Hartley pool will organise the first round on the 19th of March. We will host the second round on the 9th of April. Stephen needs to confirm the venue.  


Events     10 Feb                Awards Night – Russell organising. All in hand.

                   19Feb                Tarmac Autotest at Dub Hall – Peter organising Ian assisting

                   22 Feb                12 Car – Andy Barnard organising. Only 4 entries so far. Need 5 minimum.

                   6 March                             Committee Meeting

                   11 March           Malcolm Wilson Rally – Ian going to 27th Feb meeting.

                   13 March           12 Car - To be re-considered after Feb 12 car.

                   20 March           AGM – At Hundith Hill.  Peter to put details in Magazine

                   25/26 March    2 day Autotest Richard organising but is venue critical.

                   3 April                                Committee Meeting

                   9 April                                Tarmac Autotest – 2nd round of Cross-Pennine Autotest

Championship. Stephen in discussions regarding suitable venue.

May                    Treasure Hunt – to be confirmed

8May                 Committee Meeting

22 May               Grass Autotest



Missing Award: The Stage Navigator Cup is the only one still missing. Richard said he would contact David Crosier.


Autotest Competitor Numbers:  Richard said they would be available for the next event.


Future Autotest Venues.  Richard still trying to get Eastmands again but will also approach Walkers in Cockermouth.


Web Site Contact details have been updated as requested. However site is still difficult to navigate and hosting and tech support fees of £240 for 2017( Invoice just arrived) were questioned. Ian said he would discuss matters with Steve Bishop the web designer. Richard said he would look into possible alternatives and how difficult it might be to develop our own web site.


Any Other Business



Awards night presentations.      Chairman and Vice Chairman to do


Pop-up Banner.                Kerryl to check if she has it/them


Code Boards for 12 Car.                 Richard to arrange collection from Kerryl


Club Magazines.              In view of reports that many people don’t seem to read their e-mailed magazine. Should we distribute ONLY by post. After discussion it was agreed a proposal to do this and raise subs to say £18 to cover additional postage and inflation would be put forward at the AGM to be effective from 2018.

Peter to outline the proposal in Feb magazine.


Club Cones at Maryport.              It was agreed we should collect all the clubs cones from the site. Approximately 45. Sam has kindly offered to store them. Stephen to organise with Kerryl and phone round to get help with loading ect.


Asset Register.                 Richard to finalise and have available for AGM.