West Cumbria Motorsport Club


Minutes of Committee Meeting held on 6 June, 2016 at the Allerdale Court Hotel


Present: -            Richard Barnard, Stephen Dixon, Russell Grant, Kerryl Steel and Pearl Wilson


Apologies: -       Ian Aitken, Peter Lister, Sam Steel, Dave Culley, David Mitchinson and Ryan Winthrop


Matters Arising: - None


Treasures Report:




Greystoke: -       Event entry list was full within an hour and a half and currently has 28 reserves. We would like to congratulate the Greystoke Committee for the continuing success of the event.


Correspondence: -          None


Membership: -                                 Stands at 81


Competition Secretary: - Stephen requires results from Wigton’s last autotest at Beckermet



14th June              Grass Autotest/Bannockburn. - Chris Hunter organizing – to be rescheduled due to landowner family bereavement – look at September

3rd July                  Distington Vintage Rally – Russell to get stand details.

4th July                  Committee Meeting

10th July               Greystoke Stages

31st July                Grass Autotest – Mark Messenger’s field – new venue near Rosehill, Whitehaven

1st Aug                  Committee

8th Aug                  Grass Autotest – Chris Hunter

16th Aug               Car Show?? Eastmans?

4th Sep                  Grass Autotest/Bannockburn?

5th Sep                  Committee

19th Sep                12 Car – Sam/Kerryl

25th Sep                Forward Facing Autotest – Maryport/Kirkbride

3rd Oct                   Committee

24th Oct                Pie n pea supper and quiz


Club Website.  No issues.


ANECC web site. Website still down so no change


Club Nights


Battle of Bannockburn car trial/Autotest.  Permit in place but per above, event to be postponed.


Club Banners/Display Stands.  Ian asked to send serial number of radios to Richard. Richard asked to contact AS Designs for likely costs to make up some new signs.





Dalemain.  Invitation received for car show, £3 per car with 2 adults. Cut off date 5 August. To see if Ryan and Mitch interested in attending.


Rally Sprint.  Blue Book page 89 sets out requirements to obtain the necessary Track License. To be discussed further.


First Aid Training.  Training went well and was well received.


Missing Awards.  One award has been located one is still missing.  Russell will to continue to see if he can locate it.


12 Car Competitor Vehicle Insurance. Following discussion it was agreed we would continue to offer this even though it costs us £15 if nobody takes it. The permit fee for a 12 car is also £23 so we need a minimum of 4 entries at £10 to avoid making a loss and should not run with less.  Kerryl still to contact REIS re season deal.


Autotest Competitors Numbers.  Richard has a quote of £5.25 each from AS Design for ones that will last 10-20 years. To get another quote for 0-25 numbered and 5 spares for next meeting.




Car Show – Need to consider venue (Eastmans?) and plans for the day. Burger van and toilets, demo autotest/autotest rides, raise money for charity.



Autotest tyres – Stephen brought up this following the damage at Threlkeld Lleys. Someone’s tyre came off rim. Minimum tyre pressure to be introduced to regs of 20psi.



Autotest championship – Richard presented a proposal for a Northern Autotest Championship (see separate sheet)



GNAAS lottery – agreed to support again this year



MSA grant - £408 received into club account from MSA for Greystoke Equipment. To wait and see Ian to see if money to be transferred to them



Blood bikes – Pearl brought up the charity and wondered if we could sort some sort of club night with them.



Treasurehunt – Pearl to contact Hundith Hill to get date of a suitable Sunday



Targa stage – Club has been asked by Barry Lindsay if we can run stage on targa rally near Brampton/Longtown in August. Stephen agreed to run.



Christmas Cracker Run – Club to consider organising one that can be done in any vehicle. Minimal PR – 500m from venue. Entry fee of approx £100 with lunch and dinner.



Club displays Pearl has the WCMC plaque from the Shepherds Hotel. Ian has the pictures. To consider if they can be displayed at new venue.


Meeting closed 21:10