West Cumbria Motorsport Club


Minutes of Committee Meeting held on 7th September  2015 at the Shepherd’s Hotel.


Present: -            Richard Barnard, Steven Dixon, Peter Lister, Pearl Wilson, Sam Steel, Kerryl Steel and Russell Grant


Apologies: -       Dave Culley, David Mitchinson, Ryan Winthrop and Ian Aitken


Matters Arising: - None


Treasures Report: - £4554. 87


CMSG/ANECC/ANWCC/SACC matters: - Nothing to report


Greystoke: -       No meeting held to date so nothing new yet.


Correspondence: -          None.


Membership: -                 72.


Competition Secretary: -  Nothing to report



20st Sept              Tarmac Autotest – Revised date.  Stephen organising

28th Sept              12 Car – Andy Barnard organising

5th Oct                   Committee Meeting

19th Oct                                12 Car – Sam & Kerryl organising

25th Oct                                Tarmac Autotest – Peter & Russell organising

26th Oct                                Pie & Pea Supper – Sam organising. Making contact again

2nd Nov                 Committee Meeting

16th Nov               12 Car – Steven organising

7th Dec                  Committee Meeting

14th Dec                Christmas Party


Club Website.  To be kept under review.  


CMSG.   Still no change as to dates for meetings,  Sam will keep trying to get a date.


ANECC web site. Website still down so no change


Annual Accounts / Articles of Association.  Amendments have been made and signatures from various members to make the changes final. A form for Frazer to sign to stand down as a director is available should he wish to relinquish his directorship.


Club Nights

  1. Battle of Bannockburn car trial/Autotest.  2016. To make this a more fun type event it was suggested we consider also including a Gymkhana element. Kerryl asked to check for any permit implications - Still investigating


On- line Entry form. Ian said he would discuss the options with Flame Concepts. Nothing new to report


Awards Night 2016. Was discussed a bit more and  Russell is heading more towards a Friday night date for the Awards evening. He will make a decision shortly


12 Car Issues. Cover is available, it is the choice of those  taking part and cover is £15 per car.

Club Banners/Display Stands. A mock inventory sheet was shown to the Committee and from that Richard said he would keep track of equipment.

Attracting new members.  Still awaiting a response from Dunmail, Peter to try again before next meeting

Cones for Autotests. More cones have been delivered to Threlkeld Leys before the latest event took place

Clubs Facebook Page.  Privacy settings have been changed to allow Facebook users to   view the club page with out joining the group.


Autotest Venues. Efforts ongoing to establish if events can be held on there in some cases numbers and addresses have been given to contact and in the case of Walkers car park  letter of intention has to be sent outlining what exactly the club wish to do on the premises. 


Dalemain Need to contact Wigton MC regarding liability cover


Rowrah sprint We could run a sprint but prices range from £35 per hour to £1000 for the whole day and exclusive use of venue


Targa Rally Iain Tullie to be contacted regards meeting and discussing how to go about running one, Peter to email him.


GO Motorsport Nothing more to report


Any Other Businesss


Stephen - Social events such as a Pub Run/Treasure Hunt, closed to club event of a Sunday evening finishing at a Public House with pre ordered meals to greet members on thier return.


Richard - Asked if Stephen  could send out Emails for 12 cars as he does for the Autotests.


Meeting ended with the Committee putting together a rough version of the 2016 calendar, still provisional with maybe events moved date wise or events added should we decide to run them.