Notes of Meeting held on 1st June 2020 at RAB Rallyesport Distington,


Present:, Richard Barnard, Stephen Dixon, Roger Fisher, Russell Grant, Pearl Wilson and Ian Aitken

Apologies: Peter Lister, Kerryl Steel.


The meeting was held to discuss the practicalities of running an Autotest under the current MSUK’s covid 19 restrictions sometime in July.


MSUK current guidance states

Autotests only no PCA’s (cars single crewed)

Events must be behind closed doors – no spectators.

Regulations and signing on must be done electronically prior to the event.

No entries or licence applications on the day.

Paddock/service area’s to have marked out bays with minimum support numbers.

The maximum of marshals is 2 per post.  

Appoint a covid 19 officer to ensure compliance with guidelines and social distancing requirements.

Consider PPE as appropriate.


After discussion it was the view that if we were to use “Old Side” as the venue then we could come up with ways to meet all the above requirements (which may change) and Irving’s concerns.

It was therefore agreed that we should apply for a permit to run an autotest on the 19th of July.

Russell to check if Old Side is available and the arrangements.

Richard to draft a set of regulations and circulate for agreement by the 7th June.

Ian to ask Kerryl to apply for a permit.


In view of the current and likely ongoing covid 19 situations. It was agreed that we would not run any club championships in 2020.


Ian to also ask Kerryl if she could send a cheque to the North Air Ambulance for £420 the money raised for them at awards night.


All other matters were deferred to the next meeting.